This recipe is an all time favourite of my son. He really loves my home-made burger patties . I added vegetables in the recipe so it is more healthy and nutritional.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Form into small patties.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add oil to pan . Fry burger patties and cook to desired doneness.
- Sandwich between burger buns and serve with cheese and choice of condiments. Enjoy! 🙂
Another Filipino dish. Afritada usually uses chicken but I just want to try beef . I cooked this using Pinay In Texas Cooking Corner recipe but I did not put some of the ingredients as I don’t have it. It is very delicious and my husband loves it. Another keeper recipe for me 🙂
1. Marinate the pork in soy sauce, pineapple juice and garlic for at least 1 hour. Drain the pork. Save the marinade.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil until light brown. Add onions and sauté until almost translucent. Add the pork. Saute until it turns light brown.
3. Add the marinade and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is almost tender. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.( Note: I use maggi magic sarap to add a magical taste )
4. Add the potatoes and bell peppers. Cover, lower heat to medium low and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add green peas and carrots and simmer for 5 more minutes. From time to time, check to avoid drying and add water if necessary to attain the desired consistency of the sauce.
5. Remove from heat. Serve hot with steamed rice.