When cooking a meal for my family I really want the best for them and have something new to offer, but sometimes I got too lazy to browse for new recipes that’s why I ended up cooking the recipes I used to cook and one of our favourite viands too. We love anything with coconut milk. And what I like with cooking is that you can easily whip up anything from a set of ingredients to make simple meals just what I did. 🙂
string beans&squash in coconut milk
- kalabasa (squash), pared, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- sitaw (long beans), ends trimmed and cut into 3-inch lengths
- cubed pork
- garlic, peeled and minced
- onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- coconut milk
- fish sauce
- vegetable oil
- MAGGI Magic sarap or salt&pepper
1. In a saucepan, heat cooking oil sauté garlic, onions,ginger and add pork meat until colour turns to light brown.
2. Add the peeled and cubed kalabasa and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp and sitaw, then continue cooking for another 3 minutes adding fish sauce, and maggi magic sarap or salt&pepper.
3.Pour in the coconut milk into the skillet, bring it to a boil . Cover the skillet and continue simmering until vegetables are cooked and coconut milk becomes a little thick.
4. Serve & enjoy!
Another favorite Filipino dessert. Buko pandan is a very simple dessert yet so deliciously refreshing that every Filipinos love.
1. Boil coconut juice in pot. Add pandan extract then add green gulaman bars. Stir well continuously, while adding sugar until gulaman is well dissolved.
2. Pour into a flat mold. Use a strainer to remove any remaining solid particles. Let it cool and harden. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
3. In a bowl, mix the shredded coconut, sugar palm, condensed milk and all purpose cream. Remove gulaman from refrigerator, slice into cubes and combine with the mixture. Chill until ready to serve.
It’s nice to be back again 🙂 I have been very busy and got lazy 😦 for months I guess. Anyway, today I am sharing the cake that is also popular and most loved by Filipinos. I wanted to baked the cake just like Goldilocks ube cake and upon searching for a recipe I stumbled on this site Heart of Mary please visit her site for the complete recipe:)
I just want to share my latest ube cake . I tweaked the frosting recipe to balance the sweetness of the cake.I also added my ube halaya filling mix with cream cheese. Maybe next time I will try the cream cheese frosting for another version.