First of all I wanna greet all of you a HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! May 2014 be a year of health and happiness,a year of wealth and wisdom, a year of peace and prosperity, a year of glee and glow, and of course a year of LOVE & Laughter for all of us!!:)
I miss the blogging world but the last few months of last year was just too busy for me. There are lots of parties and gathering and so my kitchen is also busy from cooking to baking:)Anyway, the first recipe that I would be posting for 2014 is the one that I have baked for a the celebration of 10 years of Filipino-Irish Community here in Ireland. Eating these cupcakes gives us a nostalgic feeling, could bring back wonderful memories of childhood. Cheese cupcakes has always been a part of my student years and even when I started working this has still been my favorite cupcake.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 18 Servings
- 1-3/4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup quick-melt cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Note: I used my favorite Hochland Gouda cheese in this recipe. It’s very creamy and yummy just like Eden Cheese of Philippines:)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, sugar and eggs.
- Beginning and ending with flour mixture, add flour mixture in thirds and 1/2 of sweetened condensed milk in between. Beat at low speed with every addition.
- Add quick-melt cheese and stir to combine.
- Using a scoop or spoon, fill paper-lined muffin cups to 3/4 full. Top with cheddar cheese and bake in a 350 F oven for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and top is golden. Allow to cool.
Thank you Kawaling Pinoy for sharing the recipe 🙂