This past few weeks has been very busy for me . There were two big events that I have attended, it’s the 50th birthday of my new friend who seems to be a mother to me and an Irish wedding :). Anyway, It’s good to be part of the two special occasions. Now back to the recipe that I will be sharing with you is especially made for my precious son. As a mom I want my son to eat healthy foods like vegetables so from time to time I am searching for a recipe where I could make vegetables more appealing to him . And this squash fritters made him eat more. He likes to eat the fritters with ketchup. So I hope you cant try this to your children as well 🙂
- 1 cup squash, julienned or grated
- 1/2 cup medium sized shrimps, heads and skin removed
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp. MAGGI magic sarap or fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- a dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup oil, for fryin
- Mix together in a bowl the flour, corn starch, egg, garlic, water, magic sarap and pepper. Mix it very well and make sure it’s free from lumps and set aside.
- Wash and peel the squash and carrots then grate it but in you do not have a grater, slice thinly as you can.
- Add the squash, carrots and shrimp into the batter mixture and mix well.
- In a frying pan, heat oil just enough to deep fry 2 fritters at a time. Using a slotted spoon, scoop Vege-shrimp batter allowing excess batter to drip off and place in a pan like mini pancakes, frying each side until crispy and lightly brown.
- Once cooked, drain each Ukoy fritters on a paper towel to get rid excess oil.
- Serve with vinegar or ketchup.
Recipe inspired by Pinoy Recipe.