This is almost similar to biko, the only difference is the topping and the colour of the cake. I never heard and eat like this before . I am glad that I did not hesitate to try baking it, it’s a very delicious native delicacy. In fact, I prefer this over biko. The topping was not really dark because I can’t find molasses so I just added more dark brown sugar in the recipe.
sticky rice cake
1. Wash and drain sticky rice. Combine with sugar and water and cook in rice cooker. Once the switch turns to warm, add butter. Mix well and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 300 F.
3. Spread the rice mixture in a greased baking pan/dish. Using a greased wooden spoon, smooth the rice mixture until the surface is even. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
5. Pour over rice mixture. Increase oven temperature to 350F, and bake for another 15 minutes. Turn the broiler to low and continue cooking until the topping is all bubbly.
6. Allow to cool down. Slice and serve.