Honestly I’m not that interested to bake crinkles not because I don’t like it but because I’m not so sure if I have eaten this before and I really don’t have any idea on what it taste like until one day my husband’s niece was asking me to help her bake chocolate crinkles for her bake sale in their school. So before the day that we will bake I decided to give it a try on my own and I’m so happy with the outcome. I got it perfectly as they are nice,moist & soft. My wee boy was a chocolate lover so right after taking it from the oven he took one just before it cools down completely. And my husband also loves it that he asked me to bake more for our dessert. It was truly a big hit that my husband was very proud to promote it among our Filipino friends and I have baked it 5 times last month. And I’m proud to say that my husband’s niece bake sale for chocolate crinkles was also a success, her classmates and teacher loves it very much!
There are many recipes of chocolate crinkles but most of them uses chocolate chips or unsweetened chocolate squares that requires to be weigh but I don’t have a weighing scale so I was looking for a recipe that calls for a cocoa and luckily I’ve found one and I must say It was a perfect recipe for me. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls. I like to use a number 50 size scoop. Coat each ball in confectioners’ sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.
Warning: These chocolate crinkles are very, very moreish. Good for potluck too.