As I mentioned before Chef Boy Logro is a well- known chef in my country Philippines. I admire him not just because he is a very good cook but because of his humble beginnings before becoming the popular chef not just in Philippines but also in some countries. Anyway, he has this cooking show that I love to watch. He is very entertaining and the show is very helpful especially to those people who doesn’t know how to cook a dish and he will teach you to recreate the usual dish that we used to cook. I already shared Pata Tim recipe before but the verdict is I love Chef Boy version
- 1.2-1.5 kilo pork legs (pata front)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 pcs. star anise
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup rice wine
- 1 tsp. black peppercorn
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup slurry
- 5 pcs. baby bokchoy, blanched
- 10 shiitake mushrooms
- 1. Place the pata in a casserole with 6 cups of water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, pepper corns and bring to a boil.
- 2. Add the star anise and sesame oil, simmer for an hour, or until pork is tender.
- 3. Remove the pork and set aside, then add slurry to the pot. Let it simmer until sauce is glossy and thickened.
- 4. Blanch the bokchoy and shitake mushroom in boiling water seasoned with salt.
- 5. To serve, place the pork in the middle of a serving dish then serve with blanched bokchoy,shitake mushrooms and lastly pour the sauce over the pork and vegetables.
- 6. Garnish with spring onions and serve with rice.
Recipe from - Idol Sa Kusina